Study Infrastructure in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College
Corridor of Specialised Education
The Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College (KLIUC), formerly known as Ikram College of Technology (iCT), is a subsidiary of Protasco Berhad, a company listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia Securiti Berhad . The university college enjoys the distinctive privilege of having a treasure trove of value-added expertise and experience in providing, managing, and innovating the physical infrastructure in Malaysia. This accumulation and expertise, prudent management and vision was amassed over a period of 30 years and acquired from the former Public Works Department by the Group an inheritance KLIUC is able to bequeath to its students, stakeholders and other major parties involved.
Guided by our motto, For Knowledge, For Humanity KLIUC aims to produce graduates with outstanding technological and management skills and who possess high moral values to meet the challenges of Vision 2020 and the K-economy. A dynamic university college committed to producing high calibre graduates imbued with specialized skills and dedication to contribute to the country's rapid advancement, students will get to pick up valuable tools of success necessary for their own career development and growth.
Located in Kajang about 22km from Kuala Lumpur, KLIUC is strategically sited in the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) that is universally recognized as Malaysia's Silicon Valley and is within as 15-minute drive away from Putrajaya and Cyberjaya.
The noble objective of KLIUC is to provide students with a conducive campus environment where they can interact, exchange ideas, and learn about different cultures and values. Students especially those from overseas, can hence enjoy facilities and amenities that are comparable to any other institutions in the country.
KLIUC is nestled amid a verdant 100acre spread, which provides a well balanced and soul enriching campus environment where the emphasis is on quality education and values. Due to its excellent proximity to many institutions of higher learning and multinational companies dedicated to IT and Research & Development, KLIUC offers tremendous opportunities to students and lecturers to 'soak up the unlimited wealth of knowledge available at their doorstep, and thus become educated through interaction with their illustrious neighbours.
At present, KLIUC is concentrating on the Engineering, Business and IT infrastructures in tandem with its initial phase of academic development. Its School of Engineering Infrastructure provides courses in various engineering fields, notably Civil Engineering, while the School of Linguistic Infrastructure and Liberal Studies offer courses specializing in English and Communications. KLIUC also offers Applied Statistics under the School of Material & Science.
The programmes offered at KLIUC are as follows:
- The Intensive English Programme** KP(JPS)5195/IPTS/908/JID.1(40)
- Certificate in English Language** KP/JPS(KA4345)1/09
- Diploma in Civil Engineering* KP/JPS(KR5271)7/09
- Diploma in Geomatic Engineering** KP/JPS(KA5776)2/10
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering* KP/JPS(KR5270)2/10
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering* KP/JPS(K1051)7/08
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering* KP/JPS(KR5269)12/09
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering** KP/JPS(KA5977)5/10
- Diploma in Information Technology* KP/JPS(KR5273)8/09
- Diploma in Business Administration* KP/JPS(KR5272)8/09
- Diploma in Accountancy* KP/JPS(KA2721)11/06
- Diploma in Marketing** KP/JPS(KA5929)5/10
- Diploma in Corporate Communication* KP/JPS(KA4346)1/09
- Diploma in English for Business** KP/JPS(KA4347)1/09
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons)** KP/JPS(KA4904)7/09
- Bachelor of Technology (Hons) in Construction Management ** KP/JPS(KA6035)5/10
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) ** KP/JPS(KA5486)9/09
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) in Communication Technology ** KP/JPS(KA4397)6/09
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) in Network Technology ** KP/JPS(KA5611)11/09
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) in Software Engineering** KP/JPS(KA5928)2/10
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in E-commerce ** KP/JPS(KA4396)6/09
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons)** KP/JPS(KA5567)11/09
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) in Corporate Communication** KP/JPS(KA5568)11/09
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) in Advertising** KP/JPS(KA5927)5/10
- BA (Hons) English (English for Business)** KP/JPS(KA5260)11/09
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Statistics** KP/JPS(KA5649)11/09
- Masters of Business Administration** KP/JPS(KA5930)05/10
* Accredited by National Accreditation Board (LAN)
** Approved by Ministry of Education
Among the foreign universities which KLIUC has collaborative links with are:
KLIUC has numerous state-of-the-art and well-equipped facilities for students. The noble objective of KLIUC is to provide students with a conducive campus environment where they can interact, exchange ideas, and learn about the different cultures and values.
For academic amenities, they include full-fledged multimedia and computer laboratories; engineering facilities; library; air-conditioned classrooms; auditorium; and a multipurpose hall. Meanwhile, for sports and recreational activities, various sports facilities are being provided, which include a gymnasium, squash court, basketball court, tennis court, badminton hall, volley ball court, netball field, football field; and transportation to designated destinations.
We also provide hostel accommodation and
have two 9-storey blocks with fully-furnished rooms, facilitated by 24
hours security and laundry service. The hostel accommodation is
structured in a manner that exposes students to interesting
opportunities and other stimulating intellectual experiences, apart from
providing them with the opportunity to interact with the other students.
It is within a 2-minutes stroll from the lecture blocks & cafeteria.
At KLIUC, we strongly believe in bringing out the best in you, both in the academic as well as curriculum fields. KLIUC is a happening centre of learning, where it has, over the years, established 16 clubs and societies with more to come. Apart from this, the students also organize trips and outings during their vacation breaks.
Counselling services are also provided by the helpful and friendly counsellors who are ever ready to answer questions and enquiries that students may have. This may encompass course or programme details, qualifications, costs, accommodation requirements, and other relevant information that students wish to know more about. Apart from this, efficient commuter pick-up transit service from Serdang station is also provided by KLIUC for its students.
KLIUC provides financial assistance to local students and this is based on merit initiated by the University College. This form of monetary aid is rendered by the various sponsoring bodies and banks. Loans are also available from banks like Bank Rakyat, RHB Bank, and Mayban Finance, as well as financial institutions such as MARA and PTPTN. We also provide the Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme. This scheme is only applicable for KLIUC's local and international students who pursue their studies here locally. Fee waiver benefits will be given based on merit.
Besides this, KLIUC also offers easy payment scheme by instalment to its local students. A minimum amount of RM1000 is required upon registration, while the balance of the fees can be paid on a maximum of three instalments. This scheme is applicable for every semester or short semester.
Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College
(Formerly known as Ikram College of Technology)
c/o Ikram Education Sdn.Bhd (402343-M)
Corporate Block, Ikram Park
43000 Kajang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Tel: +603- 8926 6993/8738 3260 H/P: +6019-388 3435
Fax: +603- 8925 9846
MOE No: KP/JPS/DFT/US/B11