ISS International School
21 Preston Road,
+65 6475 4188
Head of school
Dr Margaret Alvarez
Co-ed Age Range
Number of pupils
IBDP, IBMYP, IBPYP
Language of Instruction
Average Class Size
ISS International School was founded in 1981 to serve the expatriate community in Singapore.
ISS is an authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) World School with a multicultural environment for students from more than 50 countries with no dominant group. It is an IB World School in Singapore that specialises solely in the IB, incorporating IB Primary Years, IB Middle Years and the IB Diploma Program. It is also the first to offer a one-to-one Apple Macbook programme. ISS has a high percentage of IBO workshop leaders, moderators and examiners among its staff, one of the highest in Asia.
ISS International School is:
- An established PYP, MYP and DP authorised IB World School, with years of experience offering each program.
- A truly international school with a multicultural environment, comprising of students from over 50 countries with no dominant culture.
- A school with outstanding student support, including ESL, counselling and university advising.
- The first international school in Singapore with an Apple MacBook programme.
- Known for student activities, including an established CAS (Creativity, Action, Service) programme with an extensive list of activities, field trips and our adventurous activity week held each year.Our Academic Programme
- ISS is an authorised IB World School offering PYP (Kindergarten 1 - Grade 5), MYP (Grade 6 - 10) and DP (Grade 11- 12). Our Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation enables us to offer a High School Diploma to our IB Diploma and IB Diploma course graduates.
- Academic Year - August to June (Semester 1: August to December, Semester 2: January to June).Faculty
- Teachers from 18 different countries.
- Predominantly trained in United States, Britain, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. Many faculty members are moderators, examiners and workshop leaders for the IB organization and some are team members of 'Council of International Schools'.Student Information
- Students from over 50 countries.
- Class sizes - elementary school: 15-20 students, middle school: 20-24 students, high school: 15-20 students.